Sorry for the lapse in posts but I've been terribly sick with a stomach flu of some kind. I'm finally feeling pretty normal this evening and was able to eat almost a full meal. It always amazes me when I'm taken out by a brief illness like that just how much I take my health for granted.
I got sick just in time for our downstairs neighbor and friend Liz's holiday party. While all our friends were downstairs drinking homemade eggnog, eating yummy food and listening to Christmas records on Saturday, I was barfing my guts out. Rotten luck. Let's just hope that's it for sickness for the season. I'll knock on wood.
Troy and our friend Ted have been busy this week making light and noise emitting tops for Let There Be Light--an event coming up on Friday at the local community college. Ted and his wife Rebekah had a piece their last year. It's all about artists gathering to create projects that somehow deal with light--based around the winter solstice. It takes place outside. You walk around with a flashlight, it's a really cool event.
Anyway, they've been up until all hours for the past several nights, soldering at the dining room table and cutting and sanding things in the shed. I was going to take a picture of the mess on the table when I got home today to post but Troy surprised the hell out of me and had the house really cleaned up when I got home. No picture for you to see but a very happy girl!
My friend Courtney has moved to Virginia now. I visited her last Friday before I got sick at her lovely log home in rural Virginia. She's coming this weekend to stay with us and we're going to make Christmas cookies so maybe I'll have some interesting food pictures to post.
I feel like I'm very behind this year. Not hardly any shopping done and no Christmas cards written. This class has sapped a bunch of my free time. And it's been very busy for me at work. We have a big event at the Art Museum tomorrow night that I'm helping to organize. After that, I hope to have some more time and less anxiety. But crazy enough, after that it's only a week before we start heading home to Minnesota for Christmas!
2 comments:
So sorry to hear about the barfing...that's the worst! What kind of cookies are you making? That's on my radar for next week, maybe with the help of new friends. I always do Russian tea cakes/Mexican wedding cakes and oatmeal chocolate chip, and last year I was inspired by Liz and Shana and made a few dozen Linzer tarts too. I'm thinking about adding ginger bread to the repertoire this year. Jeff keeps talking about making Italian pastries, too, but I think I'll leave that to him.
Thanks Mary. Not sure about the cookies. I am not a big baker--have been doing caramels most years lately but not cookies. I always like peanut butter blossoms.
Those Linzer tarts were really good last year!
Ginger bread sounds yummy. My boss brought in some Italian cookies this week that were excellent. Chocolate with some sort or orange flavor. Mmmm...
'Tis the season to indulge! Happy Holidays to you and Jeff!
Post a Comment