Saturday, January 24, 2009

Not for Vegetarians

On special occasions my grandpa Perpich cooks a leg of lamb. He roasts it with plenty of garlic and rosemary and serves it with mint/apple jelly. Once in a while, when we had family reunions at the lake back in the day, he would roast a lamb on a spit. Mmmmm...

Even though I have a special fondness for lamb in terms of both its flavor and the memories it invokes, I have never attempted to cook a leg roast before. Last week I decided to give it a try with the help of my new Pampered Chef roasting pan (a x-mas gift from mom and Tim).

I used garlic and rosemary that we grew and mint jelly that I canned last year from our mint. I also roasted some potatoes and butternut squash. It was a hearty, comforting meal. And we had lamb leftovers all week, the last of which I turned into a curry. Delicious!

It was beautiful too. We couldn't resist taking some pictures. Apologies to the vegetarians, this is Troy's plate and he likes meat more rare than me.

2 comments:

alli said...

That looks great. I didn't know you made mint jelly. Cool.

Lissa said...

Thanks Alli, the mint jelly was pretty easy to make. I wish I had made more this year. It turned out really yummy.