Friday, May 22, 2009

Perspective

It's all about perspective. Here's a funny illustration of that.

I made some cookies last night to take to work because we've recently decided that Fridays should be "treat day" after a long week is over. Before I went to bed, I left a couple on a plate with a note to Troy that he should eat them.

I woke up this morning to find crumbs and this:


On first glance I was surprised and slightly annoyed that he had torn up my note and left the pieces all over the counter. Then he suggested that I look again and read the pieces.

This really shows how incredibly different our thinking is! I've decided I need to try harder to be more of a "glass half full" kind of gal.

2 comments:

Mary said...

At least you didn't sweep the note pieces up in a huff like I would have done. Maybe the wadded up paper towels and abandoned milk lids on my counter contain a secret messages!

alli said...

Heh, when I first read this post, I thought you had left a note telling Troy NOT to eat them, and then he did anyway and had the gall to rub it in with a YUM message.

I was like, Troy!! Shame on you!!

Now I understand that neither Troy nor Lissa is the villain in this story.