Sometimes it's a struggle to find ingredients (especially of the Mexican variety) but for the most part I've learned how to find what I need and I've had fun improvising and trying new things. Endive and Brussels sprouts are vegetables we had hardly eaten before coming here, but I've learned to prepare both in delicious ways.
In honor of St. Patrick's Day I tried my hand at a new soda bread recipe. Even though I couldn't find cream of tartar, it turned out really well.
Last night I made some terrific portobella mushroom burgers with homemade aioli. Troy brought home frieten with samurai sauce (spicy and creamy fry sauce) to go with them. Mmmmm...Food can be a powerful thing. I credit the homemade spring rolls I made last week with ushering in warm temps and sun this week!
2 comments:
Homemade spring rolls? Recipe, please!
The surprising thing is that I kind of made them up. I almost always go by a recipe, so I was proud of myself. I just got rice paper, soaked it in hot water and rolled up some cabbage and tofu that I sauteed with ginger and garlic + some chopped carrots and sweet red peppers for crunch. I'll send you the dipping sauce recipe by e-mail.
Post a Comment