It's been busy around here lately! I've been keeping myself busy with odd jobs: cleaning, babysitting, painting, etc... and I've been helping with the estate sale I mentioned previously a bit. It's really eye-opening and overwhelming to go through the contents of an established household and prepare them for sale.
I managed to score a gig with a marketing firm that specializes in working with nonprofits. Since I want to make a living at writing (and am a bleeding heart idealist) this is right up my alley. One project turned into two, and today I had a conference call that implied that there will be a long term working relationship with this firm. I'm waiting to hear back about another good opportunity. Bit by bit I'm piecing together a freelance career.
Troy has been incredibly busy with new robot designs and grant proposals. He's got a concert in Miami with the robots scheduled for December and in April he has plans to be back in Belgium for a show at the Logos Foundation.
I think it's been interesting for our parents to see how we work. Working at home on the computer rather than going into a job with set hours is not really something they are used to. My folks comment about how we are constantly on our laptops and joke about charging us a fee for the wireless.
It is a bit strange and isolating at times to work from home, but mostly I like it for the freedom it allows: working in pajamas and breaking up the day with laundry, yoga, cooking or a walk. Let's hope I can continue to make it work!
No comments:
Post a Comment