It's been a long week. It began with the 22 hour drive from Virginia, MN to Charlottesville, VA and ended with the threat that our rental home might be going into foreclosure. Thankfully the drive was uneventful and the auction was called off.
In between all that, we had to deal with an apartment that was definitely not move-in ready. In one day we had ServiceMaster, a locksmith and a plumber here for maintenance and repairs! I'm crossing my fingers that the worst of it is over.
At one point, I talked to my mom on the phone and she told me that I sounded pretty good in light of all that we've had to deal with this week. I have been thinking about that ever since--especially in light of the fact that I was just given the task of editing my boss's motivational book. As I read through it, I am reflecting on all of the incredible changes--both good and bad--that we've endured over the last few years and what we've learned from them.
From Charlottesville to Belgium to Minnesota and back. From a secure, steady job to unemployed to self-employed--I never imagined in my wildest dreams that this is the path I would be on. But I'm positive about the future and I've become better at rolling with the punches of late. I guess we all need to shake things up once in a while in order to really grow and move forward.
1 comment:
You are so wonderful, Lissa! Just keep that positive attitude.
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment