Monday, May 7, 2012

Egg muffins!


I'm a big fan of breakfast. I think the first dish I ever cooked by myself was scrambled eggs. I'm always looking for delicious new ways to prepare eggs and so I was excited about a new recipe I found recently for egg muffins. This weekend I tried it out. I made two different kinds: one with green & red peppers, onions and pepper jack cheese and the other with arugula, grape tomatoes, onions and Parmesan. Mmm... This recipe is definitely a keeper!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Those look fantastic! I may make them for dinner!

Liz said...

I think I owe passing my dissertation defense to Lissa and her egg muffins. She and Troy were kind enough to host me last week in Charlottesville. Lissa made these for breakfast before I went off to my big scary meeting with the committee. I was going to sneak out of the house with just a travel mug of coffee, but I'm so glad she stopped me. SO GOOD. YUM. Thanks again, Lissa!

Lissa said...

Aww.. that's super sweet Liz. We loved hosting you and getting a chance to visit! Congrats again on getting over that final hurdle! :)

Mary, did you try the recipe? I think it would go perfectly with this one: http://www.theyummylife.com/blog/2011/05/196/Individual+Parmesan+Hash+Brown+Cups It's my new favorite way to cook breakfast potatoes.