Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween!

Halloween this year was a bit mischievous for me. I went as the Green Fairy--equipped with a bottle of Absente to share. The bottle didn't last all that long but most people got to at least sample some of the green, anise-flavored liquor. Here's me pouring some for Little Red Riding Hood (aka Sarah). I love her expression!

Troy always loves to dress up and typically goes all out with his costumes. This year he was actually in NYC on Halloween with the robots for a concert but Loren was kind enough to move his party to Saturday so that the composers could still attend.

This year Troy got Dutch hazmat suits and gas masks for the bot squad (as Sarah B. likes to affectionately call Troy, Scott and Steve). Of course, Troy had to adapt his costume so that he could still drink somehow.

Here are some more of the fun costumes



Can you name this 90's vocal trio?
They even sang for us. And I have had "Hold On" stuck in my head ever since!



Vanessa was a hot biker chic with real chaps and Dave was Captain Riker from Star Trek.


Loren just got a car that runs on waste vegetable oil. At one point Troy decided that he wanted to taste-test Loren's veggie-oil filtration system.


After that, things continued to devolve. It may have been the absinthe...

Some costume-swapping ensued at the end of the night.



Those chaps fit pretty snugly!


A few of us ended the night by dancing to old tunes from bands like Aerosmith and Guns n'Roses. We may be in our 30's but we still know how to rock out on Halloween!

2 comments:

Little Mama said...

um...it's actually Lt. Riker...he could never be a Captain Picard. But nice costumes either way!!

Lissa said...

Sorry, I'm not geeky enough to know that LeeLee. I was never a Trekkie.