Monday, May 26, 2008

Strawberry Pickin'


One of the things we did on this long weekend was pick strawberries at a nearby farm. Since strawberries don't come into season in MN until mid-summer, this was quite a treat for us! Here are some pics of the strawberry-picking crew.

Troy and I picked about 10 lbs and we're probably going to freeze most of them but we've been enjoying them fresh too. I made crepes this morning for breakfast with a sauce made from vanilla yogurt and crushed raspberries and strawberries. Yum!


Catherine, Shana, Allison and Steve pose in the field.Troy was trying to get the farm to give a bulk discount for berries so that we could make beer with some but he couldn't convince them. I'm okay with this. I have traumatic memories from when he worked me and some of our friends in Oregon like slaves one year to get enough blackberries so that he could make them into beer!

Allison and Steve. Alli got her money's worth--she admitted to eating at least a pound of berries while picking them! ;)
Joe admires the sweet little berries.

Shana--in her cute little strawberry-pickin' dress and cowboy hat. Always so stylish!
Catherine picking. She found a very strangely shaped strawberry that I should have photographed--it looked like it had little legs. She talked about bringing it home and making it her pet.

No comments: