Courts tells me they have been working 24/7 on rebuilding the bridge since the collapse, even despite MN's freezing winter temperatures. It really is pretty incredible the amount of work that goes into making these structures that we take for granted every day.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Building a Bridge
When I was in Minnesota I stayed with my friend Courtney who lives outside of Minneapolis. She was kind enough to bring me to the airport which meant driving past the infamous site of the bridge that collapsed late last summer. I snapped a few pictures as we drove by. This interstate is a main artery through the city right near the University of Minnesota. It's still pretty unbelievable to me that the bridge went down without much of a warning, killing and injuring so many people. I just hope something has been learned from this tragedy.
Courts tells me they have been working 24/7 on rebuilding the bridge since the collapse, even despite MN's freezing winter temperatures. It really is pretty incredible the amount of work that goes into making these structures that we take for granted every day.

Courts tells me they have been working 24/7 on rebuilding the bridge since the collapse, even despite MN's freezing winter temperatures. It really is pretty incredible the amount of work that goes into making these structures that we take for granted every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment