Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Airports Suck

Sorry for the lack of posts but I just got back from a trip home to MN over the 4th. I had a wonderful time and will have fun pictures of the festivities to post soon. It was great to see family and friends. It was fun to see how my cousins have grown. And I got to see Amelia, my new step-niece as well as two of my cousin's new babies, Kayden and Kylie Jo.

I am exhausted from my travels. I spent about 17 hours in airports yesterday. I flew from Duluth to Detroit and then my flight to C-Ville got canceled so I had to fly from Cincinnati to C-Ville. 3 of the 4 flights were late for some reason or another. All that time in an airport and eating airport food. Yuck! Airports are so depressing and gross! Thankfully, the airport in Detroit is relatively nice and at least has some half-way decent food options. I needed a salad because most of what I ate in Minnesota was meat! I still am waiting for my luggage, hopefully I'll get it by tomorrow!

I am back at work today and am taking a Thai cooking class tonight with my friend Sarah (my b-day present to myself). Busy busy but I hope to find time to post more this weekend.

3 comments:

Shana said...

Welcome back!!! We missed you!!! Sorry about the airport thing. I get depressed about the whole human condition on planes, especially. It makes my existence seem somehow extremely important and unimportant at the same time -- by some alignment of the stars, I am traveling very fast in the sky to get somewhere else, and can afford to pay for this service. And yet, I am packed with dozens if not hundreds of other people into a tiny space like an animal. I think they serve drinks on planes so that people don't riot. Seriously. It's like a tiny way of saying that you still matter a little bit.

Good luck getting your luggage back! I'm free for welcome back refreshments or entertainment whenever you're ready!

Lissa said...

Thanks Shana!! Still no luck with the luggage. Grrr... Hopefully tomorrow because I have like 3 pairs of shoes in there! I'm wiped out and looking forward to a night to myself tomorrow but anxious for a girls' night this weekend!

alli said...

Going to Montana I got stuck in the Denver airport for like 4 hours and didn't get to my parents' home until 4am EST. I feel your pain. I was blessed with good travel karma on the return trip.