Friday, July 18, 2008

Magic Beans

All of a sudden the purple beans that I got from Southern Seed Exchange started thriving. Many were decimated early on by some unknown pest so I was surprised. I have never planted or eaten purple beans but they are beautiful and basically taste like green beans (which I love). Interestingly, they turn green when you cook them. I made a yummy dish for dinner last weekend with them, except that I used basil and garlic instead of parsley and capers (which I hate).

Purple beans with some green beans mixed in.

3 comments:

alli said...

Nice!

I hate capers too. I'm glad to know someone else doesn't like them.

Lissa said...

Good, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who hates capers too! They totally disgust me!

Jaimee said...

those beans are gorgeous! too bad they turn green when you cook them. i personally don't think we eat enough purple foods!