I'm exhausted but so excited about the things we learned to cook tonight that I had to post! We took Thai Cooking 1 at the new Charlottesville Cooking School and it was great, very hands-on.
The food was delicious! These were complex recipes that would take one cook quite a while to complete but we worked in teams of 4 to finish a full meal in less than 4 hours. This might make for a fun dinner party sometime if I have willing guests (too bad I don't have a bigger kitchen)!
5 comments:
yum! i was hoping you'd say it's really easy to prepare. i think thai is my favorite food and it would be so amazing to be able to whip my favorite dishes up whenever i wanted!
Yes, alas, it's not easy cooking. Lots of chopping and a huge number of ingredients. We did learn a secret though--using a full-fat coconut milk from the Asian market made a HUGE difference for the curry. You can buy curry paste in a jar or can and get decent results. Mixed with that milk I bet it would be really good and easy too!
well, there's plenty of thai restaurants in new haven, so i will survive. i do need to learn how to make some sort of new dinner options, though. coconuts are one of the best foods ever.
YUMMMM. this looks SO good. i think it'd be fun to finally do our gourmet "club" so you can teach us how to make these. damn, now i want thai food.
Sorry I didn't ever follow through with the gourmet club. I don't think any of us have a big enough kitchen to accommodate all the interested parties. I'd be happy to do a smaller group thing if people want to see what we learned.
Post a Comment