Monday, July 14, 2008

Up at the Lake

Minnesotans love their lakes. With around 11,000 in the state there are many to choose from. I spent many hot summer days of my childhood "up at the lake." I still really love swimming and am bummed out at Virginia's lack of real lakes. I don't think any lakes in Virginia are natural and most are pretty warm, not too refreshing considering how hot it gets here.

My sister and I went up to my grandpa's lake house on the 5th with our friend Vanessa. My mom, grandpa, step-grandma were all there too as well as my aunt and uncle and their 3 kids. It was windy but the sun was warm so we enjoyed a picnic by the lake with beer and sangria courtesy of my aunt Barb. I stoked up the sauna and waited until it got good and hot because the water was really chilly. There's nothing better than taking a hot sauna and then "yumping in da lake!" I can't wait to try this out in Finland next month! I hear there is a sauna for every three people there. For those of you who may not know--I'll school you right now on pronunciation. It's sow-na, NOT saw-na!

Here are some fun pics from our day at the lake.

Here's the lake house.
And the crew hangin' on the dock.

Maddie, Val and Andy having fun in the water.

4 comments:

Little Mama said...

I am SOOOO jealous!!!! but SOOOO glad you had a great time home.

Lissa said...

Yeah, one day was not enough though. I hadn't been up there in like 5 years! I wish I could have stayed a week!

Vilde said...

Looks heavenly, Lissa. And I totally agree on Virginia and lakes. The chill factor is crucial!

Shana said...

I know, VA "lakes" are sad. At least there are swimming holes, but it's not the same. Come visit me up north later and I'll take you to the lake or ocean!