Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Cloudy Day in Helsinki

Well it's a cloudy day in Helsinki and it's looking like rain so I figured I would take time for a quick blog post. We arrived here yesterday and are here at the Hotel Helka until very early on Monday morning. We haven't had the best weather on our trip but it has still been wonderful. We have met many distant cousins and also spent time with Mari, a woman who stayed with my family for a summer when I was 15 years old.

Here are a few pictures from the trip that Laura took. She brought her laptop so I've been able to check email now and then. That's been nice. I'll write and post more pics when I have more time.

Mari, Laura and Topi in Tampere.
A roadside stop near Multia, Finland.
Mmmmmmm....smoked salmon.
A very beautiful place where we hiked with family.

2 comments:

Little Mama said...

Looks just like our Northwoods in Minnesota! Wow Lissy, I'm so happy for you both. Give Finland kisses for me!

Shana said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!