Earlier this summer I had a 17 hour day traveling back from MN. I bought Gourmet magazine-- something I typically don't do--because their recipes are a bit complicated and expensive to make. Troy has been reveling in the fact that I've been eating more meat these days (for a long time we tried to be semi-vegetarian but he craves bacon like you wouldn't believe). He saw a recipe it it for a giant Aussie burger that he was completely smitten with the idea of. The day before I left for Finland he made it for me. I have to admit that I was surprised at how good it tasted!

Here's a picture taken while assembling the burger. Some kind of spicy mayo that Troy made from scratch, pickled beets, a fried egg, and grilled pineapple. For good measure, Troy threw in cheese, lettuce and tomato. Yikes, I could hardly take a bite, because the thing was like 6 inches tall!

A VERY happy boy with his ginormous burger.
No comments:
Post a Comment