Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bachelorette Party!

Troy and I were very suspicious as we waited to board our very small plane last Thursday with a flight from Detroit to Duluth when a large group of people pre-boarded without an announcement. They all had ear pieces but weren't wearing the usual secret service agent suit and tie. They looked like they were trying to emulate northern Minnesotans, with flannel shirts and Carhart pants--one was sporting a McCalin/Palin ball cap (though the area largely supports the DFL). After landing in Duluth, we found out that seated two rows in front of us was none other than Todd Palin! Apparently he was doing a northern MN tour, trying to appeal to hunters and such. Crazy. I never knew what he looked like, but when I saw his picture in the local paper the next day I recognized him.

We were met at the airport by Troy's brother Casey and his wife Cassie--thanks to them for picking us up! We immediately headed for our favorite brewery--the Brewhouse for some beer and grub. I had some yummy wild rice soup and a pretty tasty apple beer.

Then Troy headed up north and I was left to spend some time with my good friend Courtney. Eventually Laura picked us up, we got dolled up, and headed out on the town for her bachelorette party.

We had a great crowd for the party. Our cousin Angel joined us, and Laura's friend Jen drove all the way down from Virginia. I provided a crown and sash that said "bachelorette." Those didn't last long, but Laura really enjoyed the large, blinking, "diamond" ring.


Two of Laura's colleagues in her social work program went all out, dressing up as "Pink Ladies." They got the party started at Carmody's Irish pub.

Then we moved to the Red Star martini bar, where we danced all night.

Me and my sista--looking a little bit buzzed up.

Laura really loved the Madonna glove that Tamara (one of the Pink Ladies) provided her with. She ended the night with a bang, crawling on the ground outside and singing "Like a Virgin" as loud as she could.
What an amazingly fun girls' party!!!

No comments: