Laura and Ethan had their groom's dinner at the Whistling Bird--a Jamaican restaurant in the middle of Gilbert, MN a town of only about 3,000 people. We all really love the place. They have excellent food and a wonderful owner who always comes around to make sure everyone is having a good experience.
Troy and I shared the coconut shrimp and the jerked pork tenderloin which was wrapped in bacon. Yum. There were plenty of sweet potato fries to go around too. What a treat it was! Many thanks to Ethan's parents--the Coles!
It was a wonderful time but a little bit of an interesting negotiation. My mom and dad have hardly spoken in the last 27 + years that they have been divorced so I was worried about how things would go. I was pretty nervous and tense. At one point when Troy was taking a picture of me, Laura and our dad, my mom popped her head into the frame at the very last moment (we all had no idea until everyone started laughing hysterically behind us). Thanks for breaking the ice mom! We all had a really good laugh about this one and this is a priceless photo.
2 comments:
Is the groom's dinner the same thing as a rehearsal dinner? I wonder if the difference is a regional thing...
Yep, same thing. The groom's family pays so that might be why we call it a "groom's dinner." ;)
Post a Comment