Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lazy Weekend

I am glad to have a lazy weekend after the graduation festivities and travel. Unfortunately, Troy is really ill with a fever and chills. Poor guy, he finally finished his summer class and still has grading to do before Monday! I got us two movies last night and we just relaxed and watched them. I recommend "Lars and the Real Girl," it's really funny.

I made Troy some tea from fresh mint, lavender and chamomile from the garden and added honey and lemon and we vegged. We finally christened the teapot that I made in my first hand building ceramics class. Here's a pic. It was Troy's idea to use bubble wrap for texture.
This morning I worked for as long as I could in the nearly 100 degree heat, watering and trying to train the peas up some twine I would have liked to take some pictures but I couldn't bear to be outside any longer. I did get a pic of our breakfast which was poached eggs on English muffins and a bed of fresh basil and tomato, drizzled with olive oil, s&p and balsamic vinegar. We had a few peas ready to pick so we ate those too. Yum!
Even Kyma is feeling lazy today. Here's a rare moment of quiet that she somehow allowed me to capture (she usually runs when I go for the camera as she was my main subject when I took a photography course last year).
Well I'll sign off for now. Off to brave the heat so I can go to the store to pick up more NyQuil for Troy and echinacea for me so that hopefully I can ward off this terrible bug!

5 comments:

alli said...

Cool teapot. I like the color a lot.

Lissa said...

Thanks Alli!

sarah said...

Yum. That breakfast looks delicious. I love your food photos!

Also, I agree with Alli - that's a really lovely teapot. Impressive!

Lissa said...

Thanks Sarah! My mom has been liking the food photos too. It's hard to remember to take pics of food. I'm usually so anxious to dig in. Sometimes I'm halfway through it before I remember and I think that wouldn't make a very nice picture. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lissa, I am looking forward to seeing you guys next month. Hey, I was wondering if you think Troy might be interested in talking to my group of students while he is home about his projects in music and technology? Could you have him give me a call? I don't know if you guys have my cell phone number, 218-290-0934. I was thinking it might be exciting for the kids to hear what someone from this area is doing to get a PhD. See you soon!