Last night we had Dave and Emily over for some food and drink since they are leaving soon for Italy for several weeks (lucky kids!) I tried to keep it low-key since things have been crazy around here with Troy's teaching and my travel. We ordered bbq and I made some sides to go with it.
Troy surprised us all with his drink plans. I thought we would have mojitos and mint juleps (which I consider labor intensive). But Troy had other plans entirely. He had sneakily ordered a whole slew of devices to prepare some sort of molecular gastronomy drinks that he saw in Make Magazine. The idea is to create bubbles with sodium alginate of rum, mint simple syrup and lime juice. I was told the bubbles would all dissolve together on my tongue to create an amazing drink experience. Well, we got an experience all right.
3 comments:
I feel like I've had about 82 experiences with you two to match that one! I hope you enjoyed the snot shots for me Troy!
yummm... gotta love the different expressions on troy's and emily's faces about the "drinks."
Wow, those drinks are funny looking. I'm wondering - is it supposed to be something like bubble tea? I guess not because that's made from little beads of gelatin.
Post a Comment